Friday, October 9, 2009

Indiara Ghani

Just after my Raya break and I suppose should have my holiday nicely oversea. But then, I really didn’t aboard the plane since I had a terrible ill body when holidays arrive. This holiday, I spend my holiday nicely lying in my house, eating medicine, watch movie. That is a kind of enjoyment as well. Raya break over! Here come to our assignment again. Today, 29 September, we are working on the lesson of Speeches. American rhetoric speeches are art of persuasive through speaking and writing.
Speeches can be used as a teaching aid. Like what Miss Dzeefa say, the audio recording of political speech can be listen by students and through listening, the key message can also be the lesson of the class. Students also can use the text to highlight the speaker point of view and the speaker’s style effect the messages. These lessons can benefit the students. Students can expose to politic and history and at same time understand issues champion by the speaker. However, in my opinion, I think that speech is rather more difficult to teach than a usual text because speeches involve emotion and tone. Sometimes you may misunderstand the meaning of the text and miss interpret the meaning of the text. We are assigning to find the purpose, the main point, and the writer personal points of view in the passage. Luckily we get the speech: what educated woman can do by Indira Gandhi. I was assigned to do the main point of the speech.

No comments: